Friday, April 02, 2004

Mount Mitchell for Jayde's birthday

Kevan took me to Mt. Mitchell for my birthday this year. We stayed at a Bed & Breakfast in Burnsville, NC. We had a great time. It was about 50 degrees in Burnsville, but as we drove up the mountains it became VERY cold. I believe it was below zero, but I can't remember. We drove to see Mt. Mitchell on Saturday, but it was so foggy/snowy that it was closed off so we went back on Sunday and it was so beautiful. It is amazing to see the beauty that God has created for us.

When we got to the top there was a foot path to walk up to the peak. We did not have the clothing we needed so I stayed in the car and Kevan walked up to the peak to take pictures. I've attached a picture of the elevation we were at and a picture of the parking lot where I waited in the nice warm car while Kevan went up to the top to take pictures. :o)

Top of Mt. Mitchell

Top of the Mountain - Parking lot below.

No comments:

Post a Comment