Wednesday, May 04, 2011

The Beauty of God's Creation

Well, I've been back to Florida for 4 days and I already miss our farm.  I miss the land, the colors, the sounds, the stars and "our" birds.  So, I decided to type up a post that shows all of the birds that come to visit us.  I will probably do several posts since I won't be able to fit them all into one.

Back in December we would see various birds and as it got warmer the types of birds changed.  During the winter months we saw....(you may want to click on each picture to view them bigger as they are just so beautiful).


Robins...



Cowbirds (more on cowbirds in another post)...




Female Cardinals...


Male Cardinals...




Fat Finches....red ones...




 and yellow ones...




and the cardinals even waited their turn...




Sparrows..




 Nuthatches..




Then we started to see less Robins, Cow Birds and more Blue Jays...




Rose-breasted Grosbeak...




 Bluebirds...isn't he cute?  More on him in another post...




Tufted Titmouse (yes....that was not a typo)...




Hummingbirds in our Pear tree...




 Bright yellow male finches...




 Woodpeckers...




Hummingbirds at our feeders...




They were watching us...




 and Indigo Buntings...




Well, okay....we only saw one Indigo Bunting, but it was so worth it.  Isn't he beautiful.  I'm hoping to follow-up with a few more posts on birds...some stories, but I will have to wait until another night.  I'm off to bed.  Good night everyone.  Please feel free to comment so I know people are actually reading my blog.  :o)

"Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds!" (Luke 12:24)



No comments:

Post a Comment