Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I can hardly wait!

As most of you know, one of my dreams is to one day own my own chickens.  I love them!  I can't wait to go searching for their eggs and I can't wait to have homegrown organic chicken for dinner.  I know....I don't know if I will be able to do the latter, but it sure would be nice to eat my own homegrown meat.

Anyway, Kevan and I went to a store tonight and when we walked in....I heard CHIRPING!  You should've seen me.  I ran right to them.  I was soooooo excited!  Look how cute they are!!


They had 4 tubs (or troughs) of chickens and 1 tub of duckies!  I was in heaven.  I'm sure everyone in the store thought I was crazy taking pictures of their chickens.  Yes, I'm a city-person who is a wanna-be country woman!  I was so happy to see them all with their little beaks and cute little wings flapping.  I love them!


Here are the duckies.  I almost had my husband convinced we should get a few.  Although, I wouldn't want them at the pond because I can't see it from the house.  Make sure to click on the picture to make it bigger because you have to see their cuddliness up close!  I love them!


I can't wait until we are here full-time and can go purchase our chickens and ducks.  I can't wait until the day we build our coop and get it ready for my "ladies"!  Have I said how much I love them??

No comments:

Post a Comment